11 Feb / New Video – You’re a Virgin
In the spirit of the month of love, we’re excited to premiere our new video “You’re A Virgin,” starring Dan Oster and Lauren Flans, directed by the talented Kat Vondy! Be sure to share on all the social medias and, if you haven’t already, subscribe to LOST MOON RADIO on YouTube! And stay tuned for some exciting news on what we’ve been up to since the New Year!
And should this video only whet your appetite for more sensual Lost Moon Radio offerings as we approach the most romantic of weekends, we went ahead and put together a Valentine’s Day Playlist of our holiday-appropriate material. Enjoy it with someone you love.
Dan Oster, Lauren Flans
Directed by Kat Vondy
Written by Frank Smith and Ryan Harrison
Produced by Samantha Niemoeller
Shot by Curtis Sherman
Cut by Kat Vondy
Sound Recorded and Mixed by Dave McKeever
Camera Operator was Michael Sherman
Boom Operator was Lisa Gumm
Original Music by Michael Wells
Color Correction by Kat Vondy and Curtis Sherman
Additional Visual Effects by Dan Oster
Special Thanks to Craig Harrison
22 Dec / A Sing-A-Long Carol for Xmas
May your days be merry and bright, and may you steer clear from that creepy uncle who makes everyone uncomfortable. You know the one. This holiday season, sing along with Lost Moon Radio to one of the unforgotten Christmas classics, UNCLE MORT!
Video by David McKeever
Music and Lyrics by Michael Wells, Frank Smith, Dylan Ris, and Ryan Harrison
Vocal Direction: Michael Wells
Sound Engineering: David McKeever
Vocal Performances: Jen Burton, Lauren Flans, Ryan Harrison, Brenton Kossak, Lauren Ludwig, Dan Mahoney, Martha Marion, Dan Oster, Rich Ramberg, Dylan Ris, Frank Smith, Michael Wells, Dan Berkowitz, Jennifer Daking, Dorothée Darville, Isaac Laskin, Jonah Levy, Christopher Ludwig, Gianna Masi, Victor Mazzone, Lara Meyerratken, Heather Ogilvy, Nikki Olivia, Josh Rachford, Rickard Roudebush, Rita Soultanian, Jeff Stone, Ben Tevik, and Ken Wells
Join us, if you dare, for a night of hell-arious comedy and music. We begin with an All-Hallow’s-Eve-themed set from Lost Moon’s haunted house band The Doom Units!
Then, it’s laughs galore from local zombie and stand-up Matt McKenna!
The night culminates in a spook-tacular show by Lost Moon Radio, featuring all our most hair-raising sketches and songs of yore. It’s an evening you won’t soon survive– er, forget. HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAA!
Costumes encouraged but not required!
Lost Moon Radio’s Undead Cabaret
Friday, October 30
4519 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90029
$15 – Seated Ticket
$10 – Standing Room Ticket*
*The Virgil is an awesome venue with limited seating, so if you want to guarantee a chair, buy one of our 25 Seated Tickets early!
7:30pm – Doors open!
7:45pm – The Doom Units
8:15pm – Matt McKenna
8:30pm – Lost Moon Radio
10:00pm – Halloween Set spun by Virgil’s resident DJs Birdzone**
**Every patron of Lost Moon Radio is invited to stick around and enjoy the DJ set. (Your ticket guarantees admission!) Birdzone’s selections are all vinyl (just like Jupiter Jack likes it) and the set is Halloween-themed!
05 Oct / Cat Treats, guys. CAT TREATS.
Cat Treats, guys. CAT TREATS.
Get on board.
02 Oct / Dan Oster is Bernie Sanders
Sup moon-pups? Do yourselves a favor and watch this hilarious Bernie Sanders spot featuring one of our own! (It’s Dan Oster.)
14 Sep / The Sapphire Sisters LIVE – 9/26
Lost Moon Radio’s beloved female folk duo The Sapphire Sisters are finally getting their very own show (fuck you, glass ceilings) and you’re invited.
Our friends at Crooked Grin Theater are hosting an epic autumn bash, Crooked Grin Carnivale, featuring live music, comedy, cirque performance, virtual reality films, and a full half-hour set from the Sapphire Sisters (along with a couple of special guests). And tickets are just $9! Details below.
In the meantime, if you’re unfamiliar with the Sapphire Sisters, or if you’d just like to revisit their soulful acoustic sound, enjoy this classic track, “Mr. Boots.”
Now come watch these mistresses of melody and mayhem sing their hits, share their road stories, and maybe shiv someone in the audience.
The Sapphire Sisters
at Crooked Grin Carnivale
Saturday, September 26th
1503 S Central Avenue #2A
Los Angeles, CA 90021
Featuring performances by Jen Burton, Martha Marion, Lauren Flans, Ryan Harrison, and Dylan Ris. Songs by Dylan Ris, Michael Wells, Ryan Harrison, Frank Smith, and Lauren Flans. Written by Frank Smith & Ryan Harrison. Directed by Lauren Ludwig.
Sponsored by Perrier!
12 Aug / We’re Hiring!
Lost Moon Radio is hiring a Marketing and Press Relations Coordinator. It’s a part-time, paid position, and it could be you! Here is the job description:
Marketing and Press Relations Coordinator
Company Branding and Management
• Contribute to and execute the marketing and PR strategies of: the company and brand at large; individual live shows; digital content releases; and special events and promotions as needed.
• Join Weekly LMR Marketing Call as well as periodic meetings and additional calls.
• Serve as internal company coordinator to get all company members involved in marketing (emails, social media) and to hand out specific assignments to company members.
• Maintain a regular, comprehensive, savvy, ambitious personal social media presence that fits the brand and increases Lost Moon brand awareness.
• Create and post content on the company social media platforms: Facebook, Facebook events, Twitter, and Tumblr.
• Expand social media following and engagement on Facebook and Twitter through increased interactions and other strategies.
• Explore and expand LMR presence on additional social medial platforms — Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, etc.
• Coordinate Marketing updates with Web Master, keeping the website up to date with information about Live Shows, New videos & special promotions.
• Review analytics to monitor for trends that lead to high traffic on the site.
• Upload new videos, making sure they are properly formatted, annotated, and labeled.
• Review analytics looking for trends, indications or repostings of videos and other opportunities.
• Write and send out all Listserv emails promoting Live Shows, Videos, & Special Promotions.
• Oversee all aspects of merchandise: inventory, accounting, booth maintenance at the shows, etc.
• Explore and assess new merchandizing opportunities.
• Craft press releases for all live shows, digital launches, and special promotions.
• Distribute press releases to press, tastemakers, bloggers.
• Be a part of efforts to obtain branded sponsorships of Live Shows and Videos.
• Pursue efforts to form partnerships with other comedy groups or companies to cross promote, get free stuff, and whatever else.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONE NIGHT ONLY! Slap on some sunscreen, crank up the Jimmy Buffett, and roll on over to the “Lost Moon Radio: Summer Block Party.” Full of new and classic sketches and songs on the theme of — you guessed it — summer. From the Boardwalk to Band Camp, from Summer School to the Kiddie Pool, we’ll be traveling every inch of wet concrete in this one-night-only event. Featuring Ryan Harrison, Frank Smith, Jen Burton, Martha Marion, Lauren Flans, Luke Barnett, and Will Greenberg. With the music of Dylan Ris, Mikey Wells, Eric Kalver, and Dave Lang.
Doors open at 7pm. Show starts at 8pm.
The Virgil is a standing room venue. Tickets guarantee a space in the event but not an assigned seat.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event? Yes. The Virgil is a 21+ venue.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event? There is street parking in the area and valet at the venue.
If you bring a friend to our July 25th show who has never seen a Lost Moon Radio show before, then you get to come for free. Here’s how it works:
• Get your friend to buy a ticket for the show.
• Email lostmoonradio[at]gmail[dot]com once the ticket is purchased. You must include your friend’s name and email address. Once we confirm they have purchased a ticket, you will be added to our comped ticket list for the evening and receive a confirmation email.
• Then come see the show on July 25th!
Questions? Email lostmoonradio[at]gmail[dot]com.
Still need more convincing?
Enjoy this video profile of Terry Chivers, beloved singer-songwriter and beach lifestyle ambassador, one of the many great artists we’ll be featuring at the event.
The new season of Wild ‘N Out – featuring Lost Moon Radio’s Lauren Flans – premieres tonight on MTV2 at 11:00pm ET/PT. The season is kicking off with a pair of back-to-back episodes, both of which heavily feature Lauren (as demonstrated in this blistering face-off with KingBach). #WildNOut
12 May / Live @ The Virgil 5/30
After a sold-out performance at Westside Comedy last month, we’ve decided to bring back our Rebels & Outlaws show for one more night, this time on the Eastside in our first appearance at a fantastic comedy and music venue: The Virgil.
An hour of sketches and songs exploring the ne’er-do-wells and game changers that we love to misunderstand, Lost Moon Radio: Rebels & Outlaws features castmembers Frank Smith, Lauren Flans, Ryan Harrison, Dan Oster, and Jen Burton, with Will Greenberg as Jupiter Jack. Live rock n’roll by our house band, The Moon Units, featuring Dylan Ris, Brenton Kossak, Eric Kalver, and Dave Lang.
4519 Santa Monica Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90029
Saturday, May 30, 2015
$10 (+ $1.54 ticketing fee)
All event ticket holders are invited to stay after the show to enjoy The Virgil’s house DJ.
Parking in the area is metered.
The Lost Moon Rebel Video Contest
But hey, maybe you’re like, “This all sounds great, but can I see the show for free?” Okay, you’ve convinced us. Post a video of yourself doing something rebellious (10 seconds to 1 minute) on the Lost Moon Radio Facebook page with the hashtag #lostmoonrebels, and we’ll give you a FREE TICKET to our May 30th Rebels and Outlaws show. Whether you shoot it on an iPhone or an Arri Alexa, all videos are welcome. This rebellion display can be something small (like drinking white wine with steak) or significant (overthrowing a government). It can be funny or it can be brave. We leave it in your hands.
AND if your video gets the most likes by Thursday the 28th at midnight, Lost Moon will pay your bar tab for the evening (up to $50). So, share your video with your friends and we’ll see you at The Virgil on May 30th!